You are here
The N-VA collects and processes the following personal data:
- Members: identification data, gender, date of birth, family composition, bank account number, education/training, profession, membership data, political functions and party positions for member management
- Personnel: identification data, gender, date of birth, curriculum vitae, bank account number, personnel data for personnel management including applications
- Newsletter subscribers: identification data for sending newsletters
- Website users: electronic identification data to optimise the user experience, compile statistics and display targeted advertisements
Legal basis of the processing
Personal data are processed on the basis of Article 6(1) (a) consent, (b) necessary for the performance of a contract, (f) necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to facilitate party operations, of the General Data Protection Regulation.
To the extent that the processing of the personal data takes place on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) (consent), users are entitled to withdraw the consent given at any time.
Transfer to third parties
If this is necessary to achieve the proposed objectives, the personal data of members will be shared with internal party bodies, including the local departments, of the N-VA within the European Economic Area that are directly or indirectly affiliated with the N-VA. For party operations, we call on third parties that receive our data, for example for printing membership cards or sending newsletters or invitations.
The N-VA undertakes, to the best of its ability, that these recipients will take the necessary technical and all reasonable organisational measures to protect personal data via various regulations.
The N-VA does not sell personal data for commercial purposes.
Protection of data
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data.
The personal data will be retained for the following periods:
- Members: two years after the termination of membership for active member management, unless the end of membership is in accordance with one of the grounds in Article 1.7 of the Articles of Association. Members’ data are then moved to a passive archive with the required guarantees.
- Personnel: up to and including the next legislative term and at least seven years after the termination of the employment contract, excluding legal retention periods.
- Applicants: up to and including the next legislative term and at least seven years after the application procedure for inclusion in the site reserve, excluding legal retention periods.
- Newsletter writers: for the term of the subscription.
Right of access, correction, deletion, restriction, objection and portability of personal data
The user is entitled to access his or her personal data at any time and can correct them (or have them corrected) if they are incorrect or incomplete, have them deleted, have the processing thereof restricted and object to the processing of his or her personal data on the basis of Article 6(1)(f), including profiling based on those provisions.
Moreover, the user is entitled to obtain a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form) of his or her personal data and to have the personal data transferred to another entity.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, the member is requested to:
- adapt the settings of his or her member account via the member portal (https://mijn.n-va.be/); and/or
- send an email to the following email address: privacy [at] n-va.be, subject to proof of identity (copy of identity card);
- send a letter to N-VA, Koningsstraat 47/6, 1000 Brussels, subject to proof of identity (copy of identity card).
For questions and complaints regarding the processing of your personal data by the N-VA, you can contact:
Data Protection Authority
email: commission [at] privacycommission.be
*The privacy statement in Dutch is the official and legally valid version.